Local Pet Policy
We love dogs at StayTybee Vacation Rentals. Here are some rules and tips to consider when planning your vacation with a pet.
- Leash Laws: Both Tybee and Savannah require all pets to be leashed when walking in the public.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach and the fine is $290.00 the first fine.
- Tybee Island has two dog parks located on the Island. One for small dogs and one for large dogs.
- Barking dogs fall under the noise ordinance on Tybee. The minimum fine is $222.
- Please always pick up after you dogs, to help keep the Island clean.
Finding the Dog ParksThe Tybee Dog Parks are located at the intersection of Van Horne and Fort Streets, between the Police Station and River’s End Campground and RV Park. Hours are Dawn to Dusk daily.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AND FOLLOW THESE PARK RULES:
- There are two dog parks. The one immediately on Fort Street is for small dogs of 20 lb. or less. The larger park, accessible from Van Horn or Fort Street is for larger dogs. Please do not park in the police impound lot!
- The off-leash dog area is for dogs, their handlers and those accompanying them. No other use is allowed.
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated, and shall wear a visible dog license.
- Dogs under 4 months of age and female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Dogs must be on leash when entering and exiting the off-leash dog area.
- Dogs must be under the control of their handler and in view of their handler at all times.
- Spiked collars are prohibited.
- Children 8 years and under are not allowed in the off-leash dog area; children ages 9 – 15 years must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Handlers must have possession of the dog leash at all times.
- Handler is limited to a maximum of two dogs.
- Handlers must “scoop the poop” and fill any holes dug by dogs under their control.
- Food and drinks in glass containers are prohibited; training treats are allowed.
- Dispose of trash and recycling in provided receptacles.
- Dogs must be removed from the off-leash dog area at the first sign of aggression.
- No animals other than dogs shall be permitted in the area.
- Handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by the dog(s) under their control.
- Users of the facility do so at their own risk. The City of Tybee Island is not liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog.
To report immediate safety concerns call TIPD at 912-786-5600.
Comments and suggestions are welcome at [email protected]